- Cara Mía Theatre inspires and engages people to uplift their communities through transformative Latinx theatre, multicultural youth arts experiences and community action.
- Presents 4-5 professional productions each year.
- Provides fine-arts educational programming for youth.
- Furthers involvement through Community Action Programming such as; Community Conversations, Youth Nights at the Theatre, Post Show Engagement, and city-wide community building initiatives.
Experience Texas’ largest Latinx Theater!
- Free, well-lit parking lot.
- The Latino Cultural Center is a 1 minute walk from the Deep Ellum DART Station.
- Come as you are! Shoes, Sandals, shirts… we want you to be comfortable! Just remember, it may be cold in the theater!
- You have permission to laugh, clap, cry, “mm-hmm”, etc!
- Concessions are available but only before the show and at intermission. Any soft drinks, chips, cookies, beer, or wine must be eaten outside the theater. Water is allowed inside.
- Come for the conversation, stay for the show. Every 2nd or 3rd Saturday of a performance’s run, Cara Mía offers a Community Conversation that accompany all productions before the show. Community Conversations begin at 5:00 PM and are free and open to the public. Complimentary dinner is provided afterwards. Stay for the show! Check out our all our programming at Cara Mía’s Website.
Be Open To:
- The diversity of the human experience, on stage and off.
- Be exposed to new perspectives.
- Questions with more than one answer.
- Artistry that challenges your perceptions.
- Experiences that will expand your world.